Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- Autonomous or driverless trucks are all the rage, but unless changes are made, current regulations will likely keep them off the roads, says Go By Truck.
- A Louisiana resident has turned a 1984 Chevrolet C10 into a dually truck, building the frame from scratch. Truckin magazine has the story and pictures of the finished product.
- As electric truck makers struggle these days, one company is trying to make a go of it in the world of terminal tractors, says the Kansas City Star.
- Rental trucks are more popular than ever, according to Paccar Leasing Co., which has seen its rental fleet grow by 20% since 2012, says Trucknews.com.
- A Texas roadway is alive with chickens this morning after a truck carrying thousands of the live birds overturned on U.S. 21, says the Houston Chronicle.
- Nissan’s Project Titan pickup is making its official debut this weekend at the State Fair of Texas, says Truck Trend.
- Knight Transportation has purchased Barr-Nunn Transportation for approximately $112 million, says RTT News.