Teletrac Navman announced the release of its new software platform, Teletrac Navman Director. The new fleet management platform tracks assets and collects data to meet a range of business needs, including driver behavior and safety, equipment utilization, fuel management, Hours of Service (HOS) compliance, route tracking and workflow.
"We're very excited to announce the launch of our global product, Director," said Renaat Ver Eecke, president, Teletrac Navman. "The dynamic new platform offers capabilities that cater to a variety of market needs in regions around the world. The data provided in Director empowers businesses with the information they need to efficiently manage their fleets regardless of where their operations are located."
Offering fuel use tracking, messaging and routing, along with driver behavior analysis tools and concise reporting features, Director helps businesses fine tune their strategies and reduce operating costs, Ver Eecke explained during a press conference on Tuesday. Its safety module, called Safety Analytics, scores driver performance based on company priorities and replays unsafe driving events to aid driver training.
"Director brings data about vehicles' location and activity, workflow and forms, real-time maps, maintenance alerts and safety into a single screen to serve as the nerve center for a fleet's operation," said Paresh Nagda, chief technology officer, Teletrac Navman. "This versatility, further enhanced by advanced capabilities such as vehicle diagnostics, visual dashboards and comprehensive reporting empowers businesses with unparalleled information about their assets and work in the field."
During Tuesday’s press conference, Nagda further explained that the platform could also help with driver retention as it provides drivers feedback and gives them an opportunity to change driving behaviors before they become actual incidents.
“Nothing gets reported to the back-end system if the driver remains within the safety parameters,” Nagda explained to the media. “It’s not recorded against their performance … A good driver who will be able to drive more safely and with more fuel saved will be more valuable to his employer. That’s where the retention aspect comes in.”
According to the company, Director is a web-based application for fleets in a variety of industries, from long-haul transportation to construction in markets from North America to Europe, Australia, and Asia, and is scalable to regions around the globe. Teletrac Navman is also developing the electronic logging device (ELD) feature, set to launch in early 2017. The engineering team behind Director took the ELD Final Rule into account when creating the Dashboards feature, which provides HOS information on an individual and fleet-wide level.
Features and capabilities of the platform include:
• Configurable live alerts with email notifications for unauthorized vehicle use, excessive idle time or speeding;
• Workflow and dashboard features for quick assignment facilitation and job completion analysis;
• Live traffic maps powered by Google and comprehensive search capabilities by address, site, latitude and longitude coordinates, or points of interest;
• Professional and enterprise reporting for fleet utilization, delivery schedules, driver based fuel efficiency and safety factors, and maintenance and time management reports; and
• Administrative tools for API support, exporting vehicle summaries, developing configuration templates and managing user access, along with advanced tools for password security, user permissions, logs and activity reports, and Bulk Import Tools for driver and site management.