Trucking company executives are invited to learn strategies that could save their companies between 2 and 4 cents per gallon of fuel in a Truckload Carriers Assn. webinar, the Art and Science of Fuel Efficiency, to be held April 26 from noon to 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The program is designed specifically for carriers with Class 8 over-the-road equipment.
A panel of industry experts will talk about designing efficient fuel networks, engine gearing, trailer aerodynamics, developing comprehensive fuel programs, and common practices that should be avoided. Two trucking company executives will talk about the steps their companies have taken to successfully cut fuel costs.
Other topics will include:
- Spec’ing equipment for the best fuel economy.
- Maintaining and repairing equipment to save fuel.
- Tracking methods for identifying poor fuel usage.
- Influencing driver habits to attain better fuel mileage.
Moderator for the webinar is Jack Porter, senior consultant, Decisiv. Panelists are:
- Mitch Greenberg, President, SmartTruck
- Josh Kaburick, Chief Operating Officer, Earl L. Henderson Trucking Company
- Brad Simons, President, Pathway Network, Simons Petroleum, Inc.
- Keith Tuttle, President, Motor Carrier Services, Inc.
- Louis Wenzler, Communications Director, Cummings Inc.
Cost for webinar participation is $169 for TCA members and $219 for non-members. Members can purchase webinar participation plus access to a recording of the program for one year for $248; price for the extended access is $328 for non-members.