There is not much time left to sign up for the free one-hour webinar: Truck Stop Electrification: The Time Has Come. Sponsored by Shorepower Technologies and Cascade Sierra Solutions, the live event will be presented at 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Nov. 15.
The program will feature presentations from the organizations deploying truckstop electrification (TSE) around the country, as well as from truckstop operators and equipment manufacturers. Featured speakers will include representatives from Volvo, Mack Trucks, Bergstrom, Webasto, Centramatic, Ambest, Hodyon, Cascade Sierra Solutions, Shorepower Technologies and others.
Shore power experts will share information about:
- Where shore power is already available and where it will be in the months ahead
- What onboard equipment is necessary to take advantage of shore power
- Rebates that are available for the purchase of enabling onboard equipment
- Shore power-compatible equipment that manufacturers are offering now, including heating and air-conditioning systems
- The history and the future of truckstop electrification
There will also be a Q&A session at the end of the webinar to permit attendees to get answers to their specific questions on the spot.
Shorepower Technologies and Cascade Sierra Solutions are working together to deploy TSE at 50 truckstops on main freight corridors around the country through the federally funded Shorepower Truck Electrification Project. Cascade Sierra Solutions is also offering $10 million in rebates for shore power-compatible equipment.
Shore power – similar to the electrical connections already in wide use at RV parks and marinas – is designed to allow truckers to operate heaters, air conditioning and other cab equipment without idling the truck’s engine to help reduce operating costs, comply with idling regulations and improve the quality of rest for drivers.
Registration for this free webinar can be completed online.