The release of ALK’s PC*Miler 24 adds least-cost routing to help fleets generate optimal routes based on custom fuel efficiency settings, operating cost settings and other priorities. There is also a greenhouse gas emissions estimator to calculate carbon footprint.
“ALK is pleased to offer accurate, least-cost routing based on real world, customer-specific factors,” said Kara Jo Witkowski, senior product ,manager, PC*Miler Solutions. “PC*Miler 24 enables carriers, shippers, and 3PLs to make intelligent routing decisions on the highway or across transportation modes based on overall efficiency and company policy.”
Updated points of interest display small, medium and large intermodal ramps as well as LCV/tandem trailer lots. The Intermodal Analysis feature connects with PC*Miler’s highway and rail products.
Additional enhancements include:
- 332,000 new 53-ft and national network routing restrictions and designations.
- The enhanced 53-ft/twin trailer routing network includes non-designated road warnings and map visualization.
- 627,000 new and updated truck restrictions and allowances
- 64 new U.S. Zip Codes, including coverage of 15,300 additional cities and towns plus free quarterly Zip Code updates.
- Updated toll cost calculation based on 29 discount toll programs in the U.S. and Canada, including five new programs (with optional PC*Miler|Tolls).
PC*Miler also displays entry and exit toll plaza names in route calculations to help in reconciling discount program toll charges. Additionally, it considers rail intermodal routes for comparison of truck and intermodal mileage, fuel consumption and carbon emissions.