Phillips Industries has updated its Corrosion Prevention Tips poster, which outlines 11 tips that the company says can prevent corrosion buildup in truck and trailer air and electrical systems.
Moisture and harsh road de-icing chemicals can cause costly damage to electrical and air connections as well as to the electrical system. “Through extensive testing, Phillips Industries has developed products and the expertise to help fleets substantially reduce the harmful effects of corrosion,” according to the company.
Phillips’ tips to prevent corrosion are:
- Use heavy-duty heat shrink tubing or heat shrink connectors
- Protect battery posts and terminals with anti-corrosive spray
- Check ground power source
- Store electrical and air coils
- Rotate electrical assembly plugs
- Do not pierce wire jacketing
- Wash away build-up
- Clean connectors
- Grease plugs and sockets
- Inspect cables and wires for road hazard damage
- Be cautious of soaps containing degreasers
The wall size poster suitable to hang in maintenance areas for quick reference is available by request.