The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is looking for its next Highway Hero. Nominations for the 27th annual Goodyear North America Highway Hero Award will be accepted through Nov. 30, 2009.
The award honors truck drivers who perform good deeds along the highways of North America. To be considered for the award, drivers must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must be a resident of the United States or Canada;
- Incident recognized must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more.
In addition, the incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2008, and Nov. 15, 2009 to qualify.
“Too many times, we only hear about the negative news of our world,” said Joseph Copeland, vp for Goodyear commercial tire systems. “That extends to truck drivers, who play such an important role in transporting freight from place to place, and allowing us to enjoy the easy availability of consumer goods. We see today's truck drivers as the brave men and women who make our highways safer and help drive our economy. They truly are America's unsung heroes, and we want to honor them.”
Nomination forms and program details may be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero hotline at 330-796-8183 or visiting http://www.goodyear.com/truck/news/hero.html.