“The Highway Hero program recognizes professional truck drivers and the lifesaving rescues and roadside assistance they provide as their jobs take them across North America,” said Ted Fick, Goodyear’s vp — commercial systems.
For consideration, nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee must be in a rig at the time of the incident
- Nominee must be on the job, or on the way to or from work
- At the time of the incident, the nominee's truck must have 14 wheels or more
- The incident must have occurred between October 1, 2001 and December 15, 2002 to qualify for this year's program.