The American Trucking Assns. (ATA) has created a new council dedicated to trucking security and operation.
“This new focus on security will help us better target security information and services for our members,” said Gov. Bill Graves, ATA president & CEO. “Likewise, the feedback from experienced industry security officials will aid ATA in our efforts to assure that motor carriers can continue to move freight efficiently.” The Council’s officers will include:
- Brian Shutt, manager of security for ABF Freight System, Inc., national chairman
- Curtis J. Shewchuk, director of corporate protective services for Con-Way Transportation Services, first vice chairman
- William F. Downey, vp of Kenan Advantage Group as second vice chairman
- Susan Chandler, executive director
- Mike Hodge, director of claims & security.