The EPA has awarded 10 grants totaling more than $1 million for non-road clean diesel projects, including construction and ports. The funds will support technologies related to cleaner fuels, after treatment devices and engine replacement.
The recipients are:
- City and County of Denver, CO, $125,000
- American Lung Assn. of Hawaii, $135,000
- Idaho Dept. of Environmental Quality, $100,000
- Maryland Dept. of the Environment, $50,000
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs, $120,000
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, $100,000
- Oregon-Columbia Chapter of Associated General Contractors, $120,000
- PA-based Clean Air Council, $100,000
- SC-based York Technical College, $95,040
- Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources, $100,000
For more information, go to www.epa.gov/otaq/diesel/grantfund.htm#ncdc-grant-2005.