The Truck Renting and Leasing Assn. (TRALA) has appointed Edart NationaLease president & CEO Mark Siegal chairman of the association from 2005 to 2006.
“Over the next year, I will seek to encourage all those engaged in the vehicle renting and leasing industry to work together, colleagues and competitors alike, in seeking reform in areas such as tort reform and taxes,” said Siegal. “Unfair laws that discriminate against our industry hurt both our companies and our customers and must be overturned or defeated.”
In addition to Siegal, the TRALA board of directors elected the following members as officers:
- Robert Shingle, president of Primms LP in Oak Brook, IL, was elected vice chairman.
- Steven Lawrence, president of Lawrence NationaLease in Red Wing, MN, was elected second vice chairman.
- Charles Sommer, president of Public Service Truck Renting, Inc. of Long Island City, NY, was elected secretary.
- Frank E. Walter, president of Palmer Leasing Group in Indianapolis, IN, was elected treasurer.
- Jerry Kress, president of Carmenita Leasing of Santa Fe Springs, CA, was elected immediate past chairman.