DALLAS. Volvo Trucks North America, Inc. today introduced a daycab version of its VT 880, the VT 800, at the Great American Trucking Show. Like its long-haul brother, the VT 800 daycab comes standard with the Volvo D16 engine, with horsepower ratings from 500 to 625, and torque of 1850 to 2250 lb.-ft.
According to Volvo, the new daycab is designed especially for heavy transport applications such as heavy-haul flatbed or lowboy, bulk haul, grain body, livestock hauler and tanker, as well as double- and triple-trailer combinations.
A 45-degree wheelcut provides a tight turning radius and extra maneuverability, while the truck’s sloping hood, one-piece windshield and seat position improve visibility for the driver.
Specs for the VT 800 include:
- 134-in. BBC;
- 43.1-in. front axle position;
- Volvo D16 or Cummins ISX engines;
- Eaton RTO, RTLO (10, 13, 18 speeds) or Eaton Autoshift 10 and 18-speed transmissions;
- 12,000 – 13,200-lb. front axle, spring suspension
- 40,000 – 46,000-lb. rear axle, Meritor, Amboid;
- 38,000 – 40,000-lb. Volvo air suspension;
- 40,000 – 46,000-lb. Volvo non-torque reactive suspension
- 11.81 in. x 3.54 in. frame rails.
For more information, go to www.volvotrucks.us.com.