The American Moving & Storage Assn. (AMSA) is offering a financial management course for movers and small business owners.
The course, taught by financial expert David Duryee, is based on Duryee’s book, “Finance for Movers.”
“This new addition to AMSA’s training and certification programs is the latest example of essential, affordable products and services we’re providing to help small to mid-sized member companies ,” said Linda Bauer Darr, AMSA president & CEO. “This is an especially timely course for our members given the current economic environment.”
The course, also titled Finance for Moves, includes six 1½ hour webinars, each focusing on a key financial topic followed by an opportunity for questions and discussion. Course materials include an Excel spreadsheet to help participants conduct a company review, a financial statement worksheet, and a copy of the second edition of Duryee’s book. Those completing the course will also receive a certificate.
Topics covered include:
• Financial Ratios (Jan. 11) analyzing the balance sheet, analyzing the income statement, and operating performance
• Cash Flow (Feb. 1) strategic planning, benefits of planning, and managing growth
• Planning Part I (Feb. 22) income statement projection and case study
• Planning Part II (March 21) balance sheet projection, case study, cash flow projection, ratio projection, and case study
• Avoid Losses (Apr. 18) Stay ahead, ask for suggestions, employee audit, expense audit, forecast, review, tough vs. mean, and Plan B
• How to Get a Loan (May 16) Debt vs. equity, structuring debt, loan agreement, 5 Cs of credit, personal guarantees, and rules of behaviorThe course is available to anyone, although AMSA members will receive a discount on their registration. To register, visit www.promover.org/webinars.