Here is a look at five things worth knowing today:
- Missouri leaders are trying to re-invent I-70 as a “road to tomorrow,” says KRCU NPR radio. The ideas revolve around making it a smarter road, but officials want input from entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Many people collect cars and trucks. Yahoo Autos has a story this morning showcasing five classic pickups you can buy for under $10,000 today, but not for much longer as their value is expected to rise.
- Navistar continues to lose money, but at a slower pace, as it continues its turnaround. CCJ reports the company lost $64 million in the second quarter, down from a $297 million loss last year.
- A Virginia truck driver is accused of stealing fuel from a gas station in Massachusetts, but not before police allege he hit two parked tractor-trailers in Chicopee and also a Motel 6. WWLP has the story.
- Drivers in Pennsylvania need to be aware that PennDOT is planning weekend work on the Route 581 and I-83 York Split to rebuild a bridge. Detours could be up to 25 mi., says PennLive.