The workshop "Leveraging Technology to Improve Technology Logistics" will be held March 21-23, 2001, at the Chicago (IL) Hilton & Towers. Participants will hear in-depth case studies from companies including Amazon.com, Paccar, Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp, Raytheon, FMC Corp, and Deere and Co. Issues to be addressed are:
- Managing international and domestic logistics to create a cohesive transportation network.
- Implementing strategies to minimize fuel consumption.
- Reducing dead-head miles and centralizing operations by reconfiguring a transportation network.
- Measuring and managing a transportation network to make it a profit center.
- Overcoming obstacles of managing overseas partners to meet global transport requirements.
- Understanding the viability of trading exchanges and how they work in practice.
- Ensuring compliance with Customs Modernization Act I and a glimpse at prospective Modernization Act II.
- Using on-line bidding tools for selecting a freight forwarder.
To register, fax 941-365-2507; phone 888-670-8200 or 941-951-7885; e-mail: [email protected]; access www.iir-ny.com; or contact the Institute for International Research Inc, PO Box 3685, Boston MA 02241-3685.