Instructional Technologies (ITI), providers of training for the transportation industry, is offering a free course for drivers on COVID-19 safety.
COVID-19: What Drivers Need To Know helps drivers understand the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, how it could affect their work and safety, and steps to keep themselves and others safe, ITI said.
“Hauling critical supplies across North America every day, professional truck drivers are on the front lines of the global COVID-19 pandemic,” said James Voorhees, president and CEO of ITI. “It is vital that they know how to protect themselves and others, which is why ITI is offering COVID-19: What Drivers Need To Know free of charge. This information will help stem the spread of the virus and keep drivers safe during this critical time.”
COVID-19: What Drivers Need To Know covers the most up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the symptoms of the novel coronavirus, ways to prevent its spread and what to do if you get sick. It also addresses driver-specific concerns, including:
- Cleaning or avoiding high-touch areas inside and outside the vehicle
- Important regulatory changes like hours of service and CDL expirations
- Operational concerns like shipper closures
- Reminders to avoid distracted driving and manage stress in challenging times
- Lifestyle changes such as reducing contact in driver lounges, break rooms and at vending machines
Drivers are also advised to check the CDC and FMCSA websites for up-to-date information on the pandemic, and to avoid sensational news and social media sites that could be spreading inaccurate information.
Visit instructiontech.net/covid19 to access the course free of charge.