Cleo, a Rockford, Illinois-based software company, is helping Giltner integrate its transportation businesses’ transport management systems with its ecosystem integration software, resulting in more efficient operations.
Giltner’s businesses include Giltner Logistics and Giltner Transportation, which primarily focuses on hauling refrigerated freight, but also offers heavy-haul services, with a combined fleet of 250 trucks and 300 trailers. Giltner turned to Cleo two years ago because it was having trouble integrating its various digital ecosystems, resulting in data inconsistencies, excessive manual and repetitive labor, and inefficiencies, the companies said.
Using the Cleo Integration Cloud (CIC), Idaho-based Giltner, established in 1982, was able to tackle numerous integration and EDI (electronic data interchange) challenges, while also making operational improvements, including:
- Integrating B2B transactions into various TMSs across all companies
- Removing data silos between internal systems
- Heightening visibility into errors, allowing Giltner to proactively fix issues
- A 95% decrease in onboarding time—from eight weeks on average to three days
- A 92% increase in the total number of customers onboarded annually—from six to eight customers onboarded annually, to six to eight customers monthly
- Utilizing customizable reports and alerts
- Communicating with customers directly through the CIC platform
- Gaining hands-on control over its end-to-end processes through Cleo’s intuitive self-service option, and tapping into Cleo’s on-demand blended-services option when business scales
- Harnessing cloud technology to support strategic cloud-first strategy
“It was taking eight weeks to set up a new customer,” Todd Baughman, vice president of technology at Giltner, said in a news release. “Now we can do it in less than three days. And in some circumstances, we’ve been able to activate a full EDI setup with a customer in less than three days as well.
“Major improvements like these dramatically increase our business and operational efficiency, and strengthen the valuable relationships we count on with our customers.”