Ryder System recently honored its top carriers with the 26th Annual Ryder Carrier Quality Awards.
The program recognizes U.S. and Canadian carriers for service quality and operational excellence based on a variety of metrics, including on-time performance, customer service, economic value, claims handling, and commitment to innovation.
“Today, technology and innovation are the top drivers of exceptional performance and service,” Kendra Phillips, Ryder vice president of transportation management, said in a news release. “That’s why our shippers are demanding the kind of real-time visibility, collaboration, and exception management that RyderShare provides, and the carriers who have embraced Ryder’s one-of-a-kind technology continue to reap the benefits of streamlined communications, improved efficiency, increased cost savings, and the ability to provide unrivaled customer service.”
Ryder manages a network of more than 63,000 qualified carriers under contract to help move more than $10.7 billion in freight purchased and/or executed on behalf of its customers annually.
The recipients of this year’s Ryder Carrier Quality Awards are:
- Most Innovative Carrier of the Year: J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
- National Dry Van Carrier of the Year: Mesilla Valley Transportation
- Regional Dry Van Carrier of the Year: Total Transportation of Mississippi, LLC
- Intermodal Carrier of the Year: J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
- Refrigerated Carrier of the Year: IWX Motor Freight
- Flatbed Carrier of the Year: Melton Truck Lines, Inc.
- National LTL Carrier of the Year: Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Regional LTL Carrier of the Year: Dayton Freight Lines, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Carrier of the Year: Press Energy Services, LLC
- Canadian Truckload Carrier of the Year: Kriska Holdings Limited
- Canadian LTL Carrier of the Year: Manitoulin Transport
- Freight Forwarder of the Year: Masterpiece International
- Maritime Carrier of the Year: Pilot Freight Services