Bridgestone Americas is expanding its fuel-efficient Ecopia commercial truck tire line with the introduction of the R213 Ecopia tire.
The new tire is engineered to reduce operating costs by delivering ultra-high fuel efficiency, the highest ever offered on a Bridgestone long-haul steer tire, in combination with significant improvements in wear performance, according to the company.“Today’s fleets are running their trucks longer and farther, making it critical to get maximum performance out of every tire purchase,” said Kyle Chen, Bridgestone’s brand manager for truck and bus radial tires in the U.S. and Canada.
The R213 Ecopia delivers one of the industry’s strongest combinations of wear and fuel performance, providing more miles and a lower total cost of ownership, Bridgestone said. Featuring directional edge sipes to resist scrub and offer up to 15% longer mileage, the R213 Ecopia outperforms the previous-generation R284 Ecopia tire.
Additionally, a redesigned tread pattern paired with an innovative compound reduces tire weight, improving rolling resistance and fuel efficiency by 6%.
Key engineering improvements and innovations in the R213 Ecopia tire include:
- A four-rib tire design with patented NanoPro-Tech polymer to limit energy loss and enhance stiffness for optimum fuel efficiency.
- An Intellishape sidewall design containing less bead filler volume to reduce tire weight without compromising durability.
- Center rib sipes to evacuate water and improve traction on wet surfaces more effectively.
- Directional stress relief sipes to absorb shoulder edge forces in the footprint for even longer wear.
- A redesigned defense side groove to better resist irregular wear, helping improve fuel efficiency and durability over the long haul.
The R213 Ecopia tire, which is EPA SmartWay verified, will be offered in eight variations—with four sizes and two load ranges per size—at Bridgestone-authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada.
Customers looking to multiply the fuel efficiency benefits of Bridgestone Ecopia tires can utilize fuel-efficient Bandag retreads. Designed to complement Bridgestone Ecopia tire casings, Bandag FuelTech retreads extend the service life of a tire and provide a reliable and sustainable business solution that can drive down fuel costs and maximize the useful life of Ecopia tire casings.
Visit bridgestoneamericas.com for more information.