Phillips Industries recently introduced the QWIK-CHANGE PAK (Power Air Kit), which combines ready-to-install factory-assembled tractor-to-trailer connection components and cable support under one part number.
Phillips recognized that fleets were facing two challenges with their back-of-cab systems: Air and electrical was a cost of doing business rather than a return on investment, and multiple components meant multiple part-number maintenance. So, through testing and evaluation, the company designed the QWIK-CHANGE PAK as a combination of premium products consolidated into one kit to save fleets time and money.
The QWIK-CHANGE PAK combines Phillips’ spiral-wrapped 3-IN-1 electrical and air combination assemblies with QCP (Quick-Change Plugs), service and emergency factory-installed anodized gladhands, and two 25-inch QWIK-CHANGE heavy-duty tracker spring kits with QWIK-CLAMP.
Purchasing the QWIK-CHANGE PAK components in an all-in-one kit reduces overall costs, simplifies installation and maintenance, and assures the correct combination of durable products for reliable tractor-to-trailer connections, Phillips said.
Features of individual PAK components include:
- QCP (Quick-Change Plugs), 2-minute quick and easy serviceable 7-way plugs with corrosion-inhibiting components. The nylon plug insert is easily removed and replaced, much like a razor's cartridge. With the QCP, there is no rewiring or removal of spiral wrap to disassemble the 3-IN-1 for repair.
- 7-way trailer side cable guard and extended lead length expands cable life with added protection at major stress points, reducing downtime.
- Factory-installed anodized gladhands with stainless steel detent plates for corrosion protection preserve the air connections in the harshest conditions.
- Application-specific heavy-duty springs and QWIK-CLAMP offer proper air and electrical cable support. The QWIK-CLAMP is corrosion resistant and installs and adjusts in seconds without tools.
- Premium quality heavy-duty Phillips air and electrical lines are spiral-wrapped, providing abrasion protection and an unobstructed view for DOT inspections.
PAKs are available from Phillips authorized dealers with 12- or 15-foot cable lengths. Two additional limited-edition PAKs include the heavy-duty tracker spring kits with QWIK-CLAMP designed with a green “SUPPORTING VETS” sleeve in partnership with the Wyakin Foundation through the Green Gives Back campaign.
Contributions from the sale of these select PAKs will be donated toward Wyakin’s initiative aiding veterans transitioning into civilian life.
Visit phillipsind.com/giving-back to learn more.