Peak Commercial & Industrial has added a heavy-duty 10W-30 motor oil designed specifically for SCR engines. The company has also released products designed for the compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquid natural gas (LNG) engine market.
“Leveraging our extensive knowledge of SCR engines through the development of the number one brand diesel exhaust fluid – BlueDEF – we’ve been able to deliver additional top-performing fluids to meet the ever-changing needs of the fleet manager,” said Sean Wheatley, senior brand manager, Peak.
According to the company, SCR engines operate at higher temperatures that not only burn off harmful emissions, but also allow the engine to use fuel more efficiently. This increased efficiency combined with Peak Premium Synthetic Blend SCR HD 10W-30 motor oil, can increase fuel economy up to 4.5% vs. a 15W-40 in EGR engines.
The oil also:
- Stops soot agglomeration from preventing proper engine lubrication
- Protects against corrosive wear common in SCR engines
- Reduces oil consumption and emissions
- Resists viscosity loss and thickening from heavy soot loading and oxidation
- Reduces sludge and carbon deposits
- Offers low-temperature pumpability which enables faster start-up and reduced engine wear in low temperatures
- Protects against “sheer down
The oil is approved for use by engine manufacturers Detroit Diesel, Volvo and Cummins.
For the growing CNG and LNG markets, Peak has released a specialty engine oil. Peak 15W-40 CNG & LNG engine oil is a low-ash, heavy-duty engine oil designed for use in bus, delivery and service truck fleets where compressed natural gas, liquid natural gas or propane is used. It meets Cummins CES20074 and Detroit Diesel PGOS 93K16 quality level requirements and is designed specifically for oxidation and nitration resistance.