A free educational event focused on promoting opportunities for increasing the use of natural gas trucks in commercial transportation, “Transforming Trucking with Natural Gas," will be held on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Center at Cathedral Plaza in Los Angeles, CA.
Speakers will discuss the opportunities for, and challenges to, increasing the use of natural gas trucks for goods movement. Special attention will be given to the emissions reduction benefits and fuel cost savings natural gas trucks can provide in addition to spotlighting fleets that have successfully deployed natural gas trucks for operation in the Southern California region. The event is co-hosted by the Coalition for Clean Air and the Southern California Gas Company and supported by the Port of Long Beach.
Program speakers include:
- Joe Lyou, president & CEO, Coalition for Clean Air
- Hal Snyder, vice president of customer solutions, Southern California Gas Co.
- Christoper Cannon, director of environmental management, Port of Los Angeles
- Terry Alger, Dept. of Engine & Vehicle Research, Southwest Research Institute
- Jerry Johnson, western regional manager, Cummins Westport
- Robert Carrick, western region vocational manager-natural gas, Freightliner Trucks
- Alex Madrinkian, vice president of sales western region, Ryder System, Inc.
To register for the event, visit http://goodsmovementfortomorrow.eventbrite.com/.