Fleet vehicle tracking, driver safety and vehicle diagnostics systems company Azuga announced its top 10 safest fleet customers for the third quarter of 2016.
Azuga recognizes its safest fleet customers each quarter as part of the Azuga Fleet Safe Driving Awards program, which is designed to help fleets incorporate safe driving into their operations and culture.
Azuga Fleet congratulated its safest fleets for the third quarter of 2016, naming the following fleet managers:
• Bob Hill of DeLeers Construction, Inc.;
• Steve Evans of Evans Plumbing;
• Melissa Chorpenning of Gibson's Heating & Plumbing Inc.;
• Jon Erickson of Soils & Structures, Inc.;
• Denny Walker of Ko Olina Transportation;
• Hank Levesque of APG Electric Inc.;
• Mike Vanderby of Courtice Auto Wreckers Ltd.;
• Chris Martin of The K Co. Inc.;
• Thomas Ejacko of Champion Charter; and
• Bert Miskell of Tri-State Home Services LLC.
Notably among this group, Melissa Chorpenning was the only woman among the managers of the Azuga safest fleets. Awardees receive cash rewards, certificates, social media recognition and the prestige of being recognized as top performers among Azuga's global customer base.
"The awards program is an extension of Azuga's innovative and disruptive approach to social telematics," says Thomas Erdman, president of Azuga Fleet. According to Azuga, the program provides rich data insights on driver behavior and can help reduce accident rates by up to 70%.
Scoring and ranking is calculated by a weighted average of components including a fleet's speeding, hard braking and idling events, data on which are captured by Azuga Fleet. For each of such adverse measures, the extent, duration, frequency and other factors are considered.
The program is "a unique way to stimulate healthy competition between drivers and fleets and transform positive company culture," says Nichole Champlin, customer success manager at Azuga.
For more information, visit www.Azuga.com.