ALK has released a new navigation and mapping solution for oil and gas fields. CoPilot Truck Energy features in-cab, turn-by-turn navigation integrated with oil and gas field mapping. It is available on the Google Play Store for Android-based smartphones and tablets.
CoPilot Truck Energy offers up-to-date maps of North America enhanced with GEOTrac System’s comprehensive off-road mapping service featuring oil and gas specific map data and facilities, including wells, compressor stations and plants, ALK explained. With CoPilot Truck Energy, drivers and crews receive spoken, turn-by-turn directions for access to off-road locations.
“It’s critical for drivers in the patch to have a reliable navigation solution that safely guides them directly to off-road locations and wellheads the first time, and every time,” said Dan Popkin, senior vice president, enterprise solutions, ALK. “In addition to improved driver safety and productivity, CoPilot Truck Energy’s unique industry specific route calculation reduces out-of-route mileage and costs. We’re pleased to provide these services to the popular and rapidly growing Android community.”
The solution features:
- An interactive, easy-to-use interface with 2D, 3D and directions-only map views
- The latest PC*Miler routing and truck-specific attributes
- Offline navigation with maps stored onboard the device, so no mobile data connection is needed
- Customizable dimensions (height, length, width, axle and weight) for optimal routing
- Load specific routing including 30 different hazmat classes and categories
- Millions of points of interest including truck specific categories: truck services, truck stops, rest areas, weigh stations and Cat scales
- Multi-stop optimization and the ability to drag the route to fully customize
CoPilot Truck Energy is available now to download from Google Play for $9.99. The initial purchase provides a 30 day subscription of voice-guided navigation, ActiveTraffic and off-road mapping service and includes the choice of the complete of map of U.S. or Canada. Additional 30 day subscriptions can be purchased via in-app purchase for $9.99. Users also have the option of purchasing a 12 month subscription via in-app purchase for $99.99.
For more information, visit Google Play.