A new product from DriveLogik is said to provide fleets with up to a 10% fuel savings per vehicle in additional to reduced maintenance costs. The product offering includes a hardware package and monthly subscription-based software reporting.
Fleet managers can estimate their fuel savings with an online calculator at www.drivelogik.com.
The service includes driver performance reports to help identify who needs more coaching, and who deserves recognition, and customized instant alerts via mobile devices to identify major driving events, the company said.
“Equipped with DriveLogik, a long-haul truck driving 112,000 mi. per year can save an average of $5,500 in fuel costs,” said Dean Richardson, DriveLogik’s director of fleet applications. “Data analysis and reporting encourages drivers and fleet managers to work together on perfecting driving styles that also translate into less wear and increased vehicle longevity. A local haul truck driving 40,000 mi. per year can save an average of $3,700 in fuel costs, plus additional maintenance savings.”
DriveLogik’s fleet management, tracking and reporting is powered by RiskLogik’s TrackLogik software.
The software features a driver awareness panel (DAP), an intelligent in-vehicle display providing drivers with the coaching they need to drive more efficiently. It gives each driver visual and audible notifications on critical performance indicators without being intrusive.
The system is in use in over 250,000 trucks in Europe, DriveLogik said. It is now available to North American fleets.
According to the company, benefits of the system include:
- Easy to use, requires no maintenance
- Provides instant feedback through DAP
- Promotes smarter driving, saves fuel, reduces CO2
- Reduces truck maintenance costs, increases vehicle longevity
- Works with all major truck brands
- Increased productivity and efficiency for your entire fleet
- Daily, weekly and monthly summary reporting customized by driver, by truck, by entire fleet, and more
- Customized instant alerts via mobile device for major driving event
- Driver performance reports identify who needs more coaching, and who deserves recognition
- Annual scorecard reports identify trends and productivity achievements
- Vehicle tracking to pinpoint any lost or stolen vehicles
- A wide range of additional fleet tracking and management services