MiX Telematics introduced ELD-ready solutions for US Oil and Gas companies.
According to the company, MiX Telematics’s flagship fleet management platform, MiX Fleet Manager, is ELD-ready and supports the FMCSA’s current requirements for performance, design and technical specifications. Combined with the company’s recently launched MiX Journey Management, MiX Fleet Manager provides everything an Oil and Gas fleet needs to improve safety, efficiency and regulatory compliance, the company said.
Capabilities for oil and gas include:
- Compliance monitoring such as Hours of Service and IFTA State Line Crossing
- Real-time monitoring for unsafe driver behavior, including sudden acceleration, harsh braking and speeding
- Driver identification and driver scoring
- Trip and vehicle utilization reports
- Consultancy, including risk assessment and road safety strategy development
- Targeted driver training including defensive driver training
“MiX customer ROI analysis shows that Oil and Gas fleets can expect to save $50-100 per month, per vehicle, net (after the cost of the MiX Telematics solution),” the company said. “Savings are due to factors such as fuel usage reductions, improved vehicle utilization, wage savings (less time on paperwork), crash prevention/avoidance, and reduced maintenance/repair expenses.”
“MiX Telematics solutions address safety issues first and foremost, but also help ensure regulatory compliance and help fleets save money by running more efficiently,” said Skip Kinford, president and CEO. “Rather than just a band aid, MiX provides a cure for fleet safety issues and inefficiencies, and helps lower overall operating costs. During these challenging economic times in our industry, where everyone is looking to reduce costs, our customers are realizing the rewards of their MiX investment every month.”