ZUUM Transportation has launched a digital software especially designed for freight brokers. ZUUM Automated Broker, the SaaS-enabled platform for freight brokers to accelerate their growth by digitizing their operations, can be deployed within 24 hours as a platform, with modular tools that integrate with existing software. With ZUUM Automated Broker, freight brokers can increase on-time delivery, improve customer satisfaction, and achieve higher profits.
New entrants are capitalizing on the displacement of traditional freight brokerages by acting as a freight-matching tool for shippers and carriers. Freight brokerages often increase headcount to service the influx of freight during volatile markets. While this immediately addresses their customers' capacity needs, it is not sustainable when freight rates stabilize as freight brokers and carriers rely on slim profit margins to keep businesses running.
"At ZUUM, we aim to elevate the industry by providing technology that truly enables the logistics and transportation industry and, more importantly, the experts who occupy the space," Mustafa Azizi, CEO of ZUUM Transportation, said. "Prior to launching, we have rigorously tested this with our own brokerage and have seen our top freight brokers cover over 30 shipments in a single day. This product is empowering brokers to focus on strengthening relationships with their partners."
According to a Gartner report, "brokers need to turn to digital business models, which require digitization of their solutions" in order "to stay relevant and competitive." Although ZUUM offers freight-matching capabilities, the company is sharing the technology employed by ZUUM's freight brokerage with external brokerages that could be considered competitors to ZUUM.
- Digital shipment management: Users can stay informed on their active shipments and open offers in real time, streamline communication with external stakeholders and access live market insights to enhance quick decision-making and win more bids. These tools are designed to improve on-time-delivery performance, supporting customer satisfaction.
- Digital customer management: Cultivating customer relationships effectively is crucial to growth. Simplified onboarding generates a dossier for each customer, enabling users to expedite load tendering and access contact information to help deliver best-in-class service.
- Digital carrier management: This platform allows brokers to manage their existing freight network and provides access to new carriers that meet their criteria. The digital directory accelerates freight planning while customizable carrier packets streamline onboarding. ZUUM offers the Fleet Manager and Driver mobile apps for carrier partners to maximize efficiency.
- Advanced reports and predictive analytics: Users can generate reports on Service level, Sales, Operators, Shipment, Best/Worst Lanes to monitor performance and enable better planning. These reports can be easily reconfigured to highlight key metrics for internal stakeholders.
- Automated accounting and billing: Automated billing and invoicing modules reduce paperwork, manual back-office tasks and human error to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Upgrades: Users can maximize their capabilities with upgrades including Universal Touch (customized pricing algorithm), Dynamic Smart Rate, Dynamic RFP, Routing Guide, AI-driven multi-lane pricing, Spot Market Win-Loss Ratio & Lane Analytics, Lane Seeker, ZUUManity (workforce management), and Customized Carrier Onboarding.
- Integrations: ZUUM partners with external enterprise-class software through an open API to offer modular technology.
"We have been working with the ZUUM team to help us digitize certain aspects of our brokerage,” Dan Curtis, president of BNSF Logistics, said. “They have been great to work with and brought immediate value and quick deployment."