The 3rd Annual Trucking Industry Mobility and Technology Coalition (TIMTC) meeting is slated to be held in conjunction with ATA’s Management Conference and Exhibit (MC&E). The 2011 TIMTC Annual Meeting will take place at Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Dallas on Oct. 17–18. TIMTC is a part of DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration.
The TIMTC-sponsored ATA Educational Session will focus on using driver and industry data to improve truck safety. The session will discuss how data mining is being used by carriers, insurers and government to strategically and cost-effectively identify and resolve safety issues. New research by ATRI has confirmed that certain driver behaviors are statistically linked to the likelihood of future crashes and targeting those behaviors can yield impressive results, according to TIMTC.
Confirmed speakers over the two-day TIMTC meeting include:
• Anne S. Ferro, administrator, FMCSA
• Ronald Medford, deputy administrator, NHTSA
• Greg Nadeau, deputy administrator, FHWA
• Chad England, chief operating officer, C.R. England, Salt Lake City, UT
• Doug Hathaway, vice president, transportation division, Maxum Specialty
• Major Ron Cordova, New Mexico Department of Public Safety
There is no cost to attend the TIMTC meeting but registration is required. Visit www.freightmobility.org to register online. Contact Carla Gossett at 770-432-0628 or [email protected] for more information.