LAS VEGAS. Bendix is expanding its Advanced aftermarket line with the addition of BA203, a 20K friction suitable for most line haul applications. The company announced the new friction at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week in Las Vegas, noting it will be available at the end of the month.
In addition, The Timken Company, which has designed, engineered and manufactured bearings for every type of wheel end system in the commercial vehicle industry, developed several tricks of the trade crafted to help commercial vehicle techs get their trucks back on the road. The newly created training videos launched for the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week in Las Vegas this week.
According to Bendix, the new BA203 linings will provide higher torque and perform in higher temperatures with less fade, making it suitable for tractors and trailers that are used in line haul applications and do not require a Reduced Stopping Distance (RSD) solution.
“With 20K friction being the predominant type of lining across the industry, our team regularly speaks with aftermarket customers looking for a product that can deliver an elevated level of performance at a lower price than original equipment-level replacement friction,” said Keith McComsey, director of marketing and customer solutions at Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake (BSFB).
In head-to-head testing, McComsey noted, the BA203 meets or exceeds the stopping power and wear performance of comparable best-selling aftermarket friction products.
BA203 linings will be available on both Bendix remanufactured brake shoes and the recently launched new steel/coreless brake shoes. The BA203 will be backed with a 1-year warranty and post-sales product support.
Timken Tricks of the Trade
For more than half a century, The Timken Company has designed, engineered and manufactured bearings for every type of wheel end system in the commercial vehicle industry.
According to the company, Timken engineered bearing experts have developed several tips to help commercial vehicle techs get their trucks back on the road. The latest Timken Tricks of the Trade videos guide technicians through steps for servicing commercial wheel bearings:
- Learn how to properly install a Timken Premium Seal on a commercial vehicle wheel end: Timken Tricks of the Trade– Installing a Timken Premium Wheel Seal
- Review the proper installation of a Timken Set-Right Bearing on a commercial vehicle wheel end: Timken Tricks of the Trade – Installing a Timken Set-Right Bearing
- Proper adjustment of wheel bearings on commercial vehicle wheel ends is important. Learn the proper adjustment procedures with this video: Timken Tricks of the Trade – Adjusting Wheel Bearings
- Removing cups from commercial vehicle aluminum wheel hubs can be challenging. Timken provides tips to walk you through it: Timken Tricks of the Trade – Tips for Removing Cups from Wheel Hubs
- Learning to program a hub odometer for your commercial wheel hub can be complicated. Timken Tricks of the Trade – Programming a Hub Odometer, walks viewers through the programing process, step by step