Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation this morning:
• Cargo owners and trucking firm leaders were among the more than 100 attendees who gathered to discuss problems with California’s Long Beach and Los Angeles ports, PortNews reported.
• A Richmond trucking company, Estes Express Lines, is teaming up with NASCAR’s Jeb Burton as the primary sponsor of his No. 26 Toyota Camry in the upcoming Toyota Owners 400. The Richmond BizSense has more.
• Trucking companies told ABC Action News 2 that there are not enough drivers to keep up with the increasing demands of transporting freight. Some technical colleges in the Green Bay area are hoping they can close the gap.
• An online startup that allows users to rate and review members of the trucking industry is finalizing a deal this month, according to Richmond BizSense.
• According to Market Watch, Ryder was named trucking company of the year at the 2015 Gulf Coast Oil & Awards ceremony in Houston, TX.