The meeting will take place at the Pew Conference Center in Washington, DC, on Feb. 24 (the day before the AASHTO Legislative Briefing) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The conference program, titled Mileage-Based User Fees: Evolving Views, will feature panel discussions on the following topics:
- What are the Pros and Cons for Taxpayers? Taxpayer groups discuss Mileage-Based User Fees
- What Might be the Role for Private Entities? The commercial provider perspective from leading national firms
- Taking to the Road with MBUFs What is the future technology view seen by leading professionals?
- Is Privacy Still the Boogeyman? The safeguards being considered
- Will States Continue to Lead the Way? The view from beyond the Beltway, from California and Oregon trials