Averitt Express recently opened a new facility in Theodore, Alabama, to strengthen the fleet's commitment to shippers in the Mobile metropolitan area and businesses using the Port of Mobile to distribute international cargo. Averitt Express is No. 27 on the FleetOwner 500: For-Hire list.
"Addressing the needs of regional shippers is a key focus, as well as incorporating eco-friendly choices and strategic planning," stated Barry Blakely, Averitt's president and COO. "Our commitment lies in fine-tuning logistics to suit the unique requirements of our valuable partners and customers in the region."
Several eco-conscious features have been integrated into the new facility as part of Averitt's sustainability initiatives. These include energy-efficient LED lighting with motion sensors, all-electric forklifts, and other environmentally responsible technologies.
See also: How regulations affect the EV transition
"These initiatives reduce our environmental impact and contribute to a more environmentally responsible supply chain," Blakely emphasized. "Being in Mobile enables us to deliver efficient and comprehensive logistics solutions to our customers."
A multitude of features are available at this facility, including:
- A 60-door LTL dock with a ramp for ground-level access and dock levelers.
- A fully ventilated and heated adjoining warehouse with 20 doors and dock levelers.
- More than 400 truck and trailer parking spaces.
- A driver support center with amenities such as a lounge, a satellite television, restrooms with showers, and a laundry room.
- Enhanced security measures include electric fencing, gated entry, and round-the-clock video surveillance.