Presented by FleetOwner and sponsored by Motorola, the free "Mobile Communications Plus Safety & Compliance" webinar will be held this Wednesday, Feb 27th, at 2 pm EST.
There are more than a million handheld communication devices already in service in the trucking industry today, according to some estimates.
These devices have largely been deployed by carriers, not because of regulations, but to improve productivity and reduce costs.
But this fast-moving trend has put federal and state highway-safety regulators in hot pursuit, racing to get ahead of the tide of technological change that is bringing challenges as well as enormous benefits with it.
During the webinar, attendees will hear from Annette M. Sandberg, Esq., CEO of TransSafe Consulting, LLC and former FMCSA Administrator about:
- Current distracted driving regulations
- What to expect next from DOT and/or the states
- The critical importance of good policies, procedures, monitoring and enforcement of mobile device use by fleets
Also speaking will be...
Paul Menig, CEO of Tech I-M and former head of the Mechatronics Group at Daimler Trucks North America, on:
- Technologies available now to help fleets take advantage of the benefits of mobile communications without compromising safety & compliance
- A special checklist for helping fleets to make the best mobile communications choices for their specific operations
Click here to register for this infomrative and free-of-charge webinar.