Prestolite has introduced a complete line of Leece-Neville Heavy Duty Systems rotating electric units that are engineered to satisfy the requirements of work trucks, many of which spend most of their lives operating at low engine speeds. These include the Leece-Neville IdlePro alternators and PowerPro Extreme 5 starter.
IdlePro alternators provide output for vehicles that make dozens of stops and run additional systems that place extra loads on the battery. These alternators help ensure that batteries fully recover between stops, even when the vehicle never gets back up to full speed. They are an ideal solution for applications like highway service vehicles, delivery box trucks, snow plows, utility maintenance vehicles, dump trucks, refuse haulers and more.
Additionally, the Leece-Neville PowerPro Extreme 5 starter comes in a lightweight package and meets major OE engine manufacturer testing specifications, ensuring a simplified preventative maintenance program and a significant increase in vehicle uptime, which is an important benefit for trucks that are often on call 24/7.
“We’re proud of our decades-long history of supplying work trucks with the reliable power they need to get their jobs done efficiently,” says Jonathan Smith, assistant director of sales and marketing, Prestolite. “Whether it’s starting up a plow on a frigid winter day or cooling a delivery truck’s cab in the hot summer months, our starters and alternators are built to maximize performance and minimize maintenance.”
Each qualifying IdlePro alternator and PowerPro Extreme 5 starter is backed by the Prestolite Power Promise. This warranty provides comprehensive coverage for truck applications, including a 3-year/unlimited mileage warranty for alternators and a 2-year/unlimited mileage warranty for starters, and an extended list of available qualifying failure claims.
IdlePro alternators are assembled in America and feature:
- 12V, 210- and 240-amp outputs available in a dual internal fan design
- Minimum of 63% of a unit’s rated maximum output at engine idle (certain applications)
- Remote Sense capable – returns battery to full charge between stops and reduces overall charging time
- Rated up to 125°C – ideal for the high-temperature environments often found in work truck applications
- eCoated, heavy-duty housing to reduce corrosion and improve vibration resistance
- All new, no core
PowerPro Extreme 5 starters deliver unmatched performance in a space-saving package. Features include:
- 12V, 5kW starting power – industry-leading performance in 6- to 10-liter engines
- Sealed and noseless design to protect against dust, oil and other contaminants
- Planetary gear reduction design for higher torque/speed and less power consumption
- Integral Magnetic Switch technology to eliminate voltage drops
- Soft start relay technology to prevent ring gear damage
- Lightweight at 21.5 lbs.
- All new, no core