C.R. England and subsidiary England Logistics recently earned coaching company FranklinCovey’s Excellence in Execution Award for meeting standards in performance, safety, on-time service, and driver retention over a period of several years.
The two companies, both headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, provide refrigerated transportation and freight brokerage, including national, Mexico, regional truckload, dedicated and intermodal services.
Excellence award winners were among the highest achievers in FranklinCovey’s 4 Disciplines of Execution (4DX) system, which is based on The Wall Street Journal bestseller, “The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals.”
“We’re thrilled to receive this award,” C.R. England CEO Chad England said in a news release. “At C.R. England, excellence is not a one-time act, but a habit of hard work with great results. We don’t settle for average, or even good. We hold ourselves accountable to a standard of excellence. The 4 Disciplines of Execution system has brought focus, accountability, and engagement to our work, and we have experienced extraordinary results that have benefited our people and our customers.
“We attribute much of our success to this system and to working closely with FranklinCovey.”
The Excellence in Execution Award is based on the following measures:
- Highest percentile in the 4DX Execution Performance Score (XPS)
- Highest percentage of individuals within the organization that make commitments weekly toward the achievement of their teams’ “Wildly Important Goals”
- Percentage of those commitments that are achieved on a weekly basis.
- Performance on Lead Measures, which the team determines are necessary for achievement of the WIGs.
- The performance against the Wildly Important Goals across the organization.
- Engaged in the 4DX System for three years or more
“We’ve become a ‘smarter, faster, better’ type organization over the years in part because of the 4 Disciplines of Execution sSystem,” England Logistics CEO Jason Beardall said. “We have progressively grown into a nationwide leader in freight brokerage because we believe that quality, hard work, and integrity are the basis for our success. We strive for excellence in everything we do, which includes consistent, flawless execution on our key strategic objectives.”
The 4DX system outlines a process for helping organizations transform sporadic performance into consistent, predictable results, FranklinCovey said. It is applied at two levels: Leaders of leaders, and frontline teams. Based on the 4 Disciplines of Execution, senior leaders conduct four actions with their team leaders to scale impact and results:
- Define the breakthrough: Narrow the focus and create clarity and commitment around a key breakthrough result with executable targets.
- Activate frontline teams: Unleash and apply everyone’s collective energy toward the key breakthrough result using the 4DX principles and implementation processes. 4DX principles create a common language and process for front-line implementation of the key breakthrough result.
- Create organizational transparency: Utilize a scalable platform, the 4DX platform, with scoreboards that let everyone know if they’re winning or losing as a team, as individuals, and as an organization.
- Track execution pace: Track the pace of progress real-time using the XPS metric to ensure all teams are on track to achieving the breakthrough result.
“We congratulate both companies, as this award is so well-deserved,” FranklinCovey CEO Paul Walker said. “It’s only presented to organizations that achieve data-confirmed, proven results over a period of years. Since 2014, they have executed on their strategy and consistently achieved their Wildly Important Goals across their organizations for breakthrough results. The 4 Disciplines of Execution are part of their culture and who they are, as they have extended the process further into their organizations each year.
“They are models for all our clients, and we’re honored to be their partner.”