With promises of fuel cost savings of up to 40%, lower maintenance costs, gains in engine life and environmental friendliness, many fleet executives are exploring the potential use of alternative-fueled vehicles. In order to help carriers weigh the pros and cons of alternatives fuels and explore the future of their use in the commercial trucking industry, the Truckload Carriers Assn. is hosting an alternative fuels webinar on Sept. 20 from noon to 1:30 p.m. EST.
Jack Porter, senior consultant for Decisiv, and a panel of trucking, fuel and engine professionals will explore topics that will include:
- The status of alternative fuels in the current market place
- The latest from original engine manufacturers
- The status of distribution networks
- The future of the supply network
- Government incentives
Panelists will include:
- Moderator Jack Porter, senior consultant, Decisiv
- Robert Carrick, sales manager for Natural Gas Vehicles, Freightliner
- Stephen B. Hiatt, regional vice president, energy channel leader, Maxum Petroleum
- Bob Hogstad, regional vice president, Ruan Transport Corp.
- Chris Ryan, general manager, natural gas, Love's Travel Stops
Registration for the webinar is $169 for TCA members or $248 for access to the live event and access to the recorded event for one year. Cost for non-TCA members is $219 or $328 for access to the live event and access to the recorded event for one year.
To register for the alternative fuels webinar, click here.