Here are five things worth knowing today:
1. Ram Trucks will be prominent at this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, according to the New York Daily News. The paper reports that a fleet of Ram pickups will pull the 27 floats along the parade route and Ram vans are helping get the balloons to their destinations.
2. The city of Springfield, MO, has equipped all its snow plows with vehicle locators this winter in an effort to improve snow-clearing operations. KY3 News takes a look at the high-tech upgrades.
3. A group has formed to oppose tolls along Interstate 77 in North Carolina and now a lawmaker is trying to help, says the Charlotte Observer. The paper reports that State Rep. Charles Jeter is trying to dilute Charlotte’s voting power on a regional planning board that would approve the project, hoping that opponents would then have the votes necessary to reject the project.
4. Microsoft has entered the traffic business with the launch of a Bing Maps feature that allows users to click on a map and see road conditions generated from some 35,000 cameras in 11 countries. You can read more about the program on bing blogs.
5. Nine U.S. Senators are urging conference committee members to allow bulk milk haulers to cross state lines without offloading any portion of their loads. Agri Pulse explains the plan in detail.