C.H. Robinson recently revealed the names of 17 carriers honored with the 2021 C.H. Robinson Carrier of the Year Award.
The carriers presented with this surface transportation-focused award are chosen from the company’s network of 73,000 contract carriers. Winners are honored with a C.H. Robinson-hosted celebration and prizes. The carriers were selected based on their ability to consistently deliver on time and in full for customers, their adoption of carrier technology to drive efficiencies for themselves and shippers, and their effort to go above and beyond to successfully support shippers’ needs.
During this fourth annual award event, the winners will also be recognized through C.H. Robinson’s ongoing carrier appreciation initiative, which has given away $100,000 to drivers while encouraging people across the nation to write digital thank you notes to truck drivers who help keep the world moving, even during a pandemic. In honor of the 17 Carrier of the Year Award recipients, the C.H. Robinson Foundation is increasing its previous donation amount of $1 per thank-you message to $17 per thank-you message sent via thanktruckdrivers.com through the end of October. The donation, of up to $25,000, will go to St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund, which helps truck drivers in need.
The full list of the C.H. Robinson 2021 Carrier of the Year Winners includes:
- Berber Trucking, Tranquility, California
- Blunt Enterprise, Mansfield, Missouri
- Daily Express, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Dayton Freight Lines, Dayton, Ohio
- Dieselgrid, Savannah, Georgia
- Freeport Logistics, Phoenix, Arizona
- Gabriela Transport Services, Kitchener, Ontario
- J&R Schugel Trucking, New Ulm, Minnesota
- Millwood Trucking, Nashville, Arkansas
- Nathan's Trucking, New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Thomasville, North Carolina
- Rented Mule Express, Chatsworth, Georgia
- Road Hogg Transport, Hilliard, Ohio
- Seneca Foods Eastern Fleet, Geneva, New York
- Seneca Foods Western Fleet, Payette, Idaho
- Skyway Express, Chicago, Illinois
- Timmons Transit, Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Every carrier on this list is deserving of praise for going above and beyond normal expectations to successfully deliver on behalf of shippers during a historically challenging market,” said Pat Nolan, vice president of operations for North American service transportation at C.H. Robinson. “Not only did they rise to extraordinary challenges during extraordinary times, but they also successfully used carrier technology to increase automation and efficiencies that help ease the pressures of a constrained capacity market so many shippers are currently navigating.”
As part of the celebration, the Carrier of the Year winners are invited to attend a fall virtual celebration as well as an in-person gala at C.H. Robinson’s Minnesota headquarters in the spring of 2022.
“It’s wonderful to be acknowledged for the hard work our team puts in,” said Justin Hughes, managing member at Dieselgrid. “The dedication will continue as we reach each milestone with C.H. Robinson. We are very excited for the upcoming technology advancements and look forward to the growth this will allow.”