The annual CVSA Workshop will be held April 21-25 in Louisville, KY, and is designed to help truck fleet operators, government officials and enforcement better work together to advance commercial vehicle safety and security.
This year’s CVSA Workshop features pre-workshop programs on some of the topics that are front of mind for our industry right now, according to organizers.
Workshop programs include:
- North American Cargo Securement Harmonization Public Forum— 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday, April 21. This public forum is an unrestricted event open to all stakeholders to voice issues/concerns with the cargo securement regulations in pursuit of developing and implementing uniform regulatory requirements for the securement of cargo.
- Information Systems Users Workshop—April 21-22
- Technology Impacts on CMV Driver Direct Field of Vision Symposium—April 22.
- Enforcement personnel, motor carriers, regulators and manufacturers alike are increasingly faced with accommodating the use of various technologies, designed to improve commercial motor vehicle safety, which may impact the driver’s field of view of the roadway through the windshield wiper swept area. CVSA, in cooperation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and other industry trade associations, is hosting a dialogue among enforcement experts, industry representatives and federal regulators to help improve our common understanding of the balance between the benefits and the possible risks of using these technologies. The program is divided into four technology areas: electronics, window tint, sun visors and window shades, and other products.
- The Life Cycle of a Roadside Inspection Violation Seminar—April 22. (Separate registration is required.) In light of recent changes to the FMCSA’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program — and to gain a better understanding of the impact it has on motor carriers and their drivers — CVSA and FMCSA present The Life Cycle of a Roadside Inspection Violation. Motor carriers and drivers participating in this seminar will have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and the importance of regulatory compliance. This event will culminate with a roundtable discussion with questions and answers. Attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the educational DVD for distracted driving designed for motor carriers and drivers: Defeating Distracted Driving.
- IRP & IFTA Training Sessions—April 22