Magellan announced the newest addition to its family of commercial GPS devices, the compliance-ready Magellan RoadMate Commercial 9270T-LM GPS. Specifically designed for the needs of truckers, the unit includes an extra-large display, customizable truck-specific routing, hands-free communication and trip logging.
To prepare for their trips, truck drivers can use the 9270T-LM to set up customizable routes based on the height, weight, width and length of the vehicle, as well as applicable hazmat restrictions. Multi-destination routing allows drivers to plan their stops and optimize routes to help them save time and fuel.
While on the road, the device helps drivers navigate by using an extra-wide 7-in. high-definition touchscreen display that adjusts color and contrast for easy night-viewing. The large display also makes maps and other content easy to read when the GPS navigator is mounted in large vehicles with deep dashboards, according to the manufacturer. The integrated Bluetooth wireless technology, when paired with a compatible Bluetooth phone, enables drivers to safely talk hands-free while keeping their eyes on the road.
At the end of their trip, the 9270T-LM facilitates preparing required compliance reports including hours and state mileage for IFTA fuel records. A comprehensive log of trip information by each driver is retained in the Magellan GPS device for easy exporting into reports.
“We expanded our family of Magellan RoadMate commercial GPS navigators to further meet the unique navigation needs of commercial and truck drivers who need a comprehensive solution to efficiently perform their jobs from the initial trip planning stage to their on-the-road requirements and managing required log reporting after their trip,” said Stig Pedersen, associate vice president of product management for Magellan. “The Magellan RoadMate commercial series of GPS navigators are designed to make drivers’ jobs safer and less stressful plus improve productivity, reduce costs and ultimately increase profits.”
The Magellan RoadMate Commercial 9270T-LM functions as an “information dashboard” that not only navigates, but provides elevation and truck speed limit warnings, Pedersen said. The 9270T-LM GPS device includes several valuable safety and convenience features:
- Highway lane assist that shows realistic highway signs and guides truck drivers towards the correct lane when approaching complex highway interchanges and exits.
- Free lifetime traffic alerts that help drivers avoid traffic incidents on their route by offering an alternative solution.
- Spoken street name guidance that announces the street name and gives turn-by-turn directions.
- Highway exit points-of-interest and a truckstop directory help drivers find services including gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, rest areas and showers, truck services, WiFi availability.
- “OneTouch” function lets truckers bookmark and assign a button to their favorite destinations or searches for faster access.
- Heavy-duty extended windshield mount, designed for deep dashboards, is included to provide fully adjustable, personalized comfort and safe viewing.
- An A/V input for easy connection to external devices such as the Magellan Wireless Back-up Camera or a DVD player.
- Free downloadable lifetime map updates keep the pre-loaded maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico up-to-date.
The Magellan RoadMate Commercial GPS family now includes two models — the new 7-in. Magellan RoadMate Commercial 9270T-LM ($399.99 MSRP) and the 5-in. Magellan RoadMate Commercial 5190T ($379.99 MSRP). Both models are available at truckstops and through Magellan’s consumer electronics and online partners.