The new Mechanical Care service is an extension of the digital services platform Michelin established in 2018 as part of its Services and Solutions global division.
“Services have been part of Michelin’s DNA for more than 125 years,” said Ralph Dimenna, global director of Michelin Services and Solutions. “The development of new and enriched services and solutions will open new avenues of growth for our customers and contribute to improved safety, greater sustainability, optimized fleet operations, and a better travel and driving experience.
“Fleets want to focus on what makes their businesses profitable. Solving the pain points and providing solutions for fleets contributes to their success. Mechanical Care is a tool to help them achieve that goal.”
Michelin said it established its Services and Solutions division to provide innovative solutions for sustainable connected mobility. Areas of focus include:
- Fleet management—Solutions to optimize fleet operations for trucks, vans and light-duty vehicles
- Connected mobility—Michelin’s Internet of Things (IoT) technology that connects objects and develops new data-based business models
- Tire services—Offers address planned and unplanned tire maintenance service needs
- Digital services platform—A digital business management platform seamlessly links service providers and fleet customers for maintenance and breakdown services
Michelin Mechanical Care is powered by Decisiv’s Service Relationship Management technology. Leveraging the Michelin Commercial Service Network, the offer coordinates trailer light mechanical service needs through a network of technicians who provide:
- Consistent quality—Standardized procedures and recommended practices
- Standardized pricing—Network-wide labor pricing based on accepted industry standard repair times
- Asset visibility and consolidated invoicing—Real-time tracking and streamlined billing for both fleets and service providers
Michelin Mechanical Care includes DOT annual inspections and preventative maintenance and repairs for brakes, wheel ends and tires, lights, electrical, mud flaps and body repair. Currently available in select areas, this service will be expanded to additional markets throughout 2020, Michelin said.